[Mailman-Users] Mailman with AOLserver

Jerry Adlersfluegel jerrya at jerrya.net
Fri Jun 16 18:20:21 CEST 2000

This is a follow-up to my question earlier regarding the use of AOLserver
instead of Apache. I finally had some time to look at it, and here are my
results, which I tested with Mailman 2.0beta2.

In your nsd.tcl config file, you should have the following:

#
# Modules to load
#
ns_section "ns/server/${servername}/modules"
        ns_param   nssock       ${bindir}/nssock.so
        ns_param   nslog        ${bindir}/nslog.so
        ns_param   nscgi        ${bindir}/nscgi.so # this one is important
        ns_param   nsperm       ${bindir}/nsperm.so
#
# mappings for mailman
#
ns_section "ns/server/${servername}/module/nscgi"
        ns_param   Map "GET /mailman ${mailmanprefix}/cgi-bin"
        ns_param   Map "POST /mailman ${mailmanprefix}/cgi-bin"

This assumes that you have those variables set somewhere else in the file;
something like this:

set servername             "foo"
set bindir                  [file dirname [ns_info nsd]]
set mailmanprefix          "/home/mailman"

--
Jerry Adlersfluegel