[Mailman-Users] Two quickies

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Jun 15 02:26:54 CEST 2000

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:11:18 -0700 (PDT)
Derek Simkowiak <dereks at kd-dev.com> wrote:

>      Hello, I have two quick questions:

> 1) I want to be able to offer a "search:" text entry box on my
> website that will search through the MailMan archives.  What do
> people use/recommend for that?  (URLs, please)

Use an external archiver that lets you control the HTML generation
for your archives (eg MHonArc).

  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/

You can find the RC files I use for MHonArc for Kanga.Nu under;

  ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/Kanga.Nu/MHonArc/

Then us an external search engine ala UdmSearch:

  http://search.mnogo.ru/

> 2) I want to use the auto-archive feature of MailMan on a mail
> list served by a different MLM (let's say Majordomo).  I assume
> that I would simply need to (1) Create a list with zero
> subscribers, and then (2) subscribe that list's email address to
> the Majordomo-managed mail list I wish to archive.

While this can be, and has been done. I'd suggest that it is easier
to just subscribe an address that points to the appropriate MHonArc
scripts and handle the archiving that way (this is what I do).

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu