[Mailman-Users] user unknown

Jonas Fornander jonas at netwood.net
Tue Jun 13 06:58:58 CEST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Mick" <Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM>
To: <mailman-users at python.org>; <jonas at netwood.net>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 8:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] user unknown

> > > Yes but you also need aliases for the list you created:
> > >
> > > test: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
> > > test-admin: "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
> > > test-request: "|/usr/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
> > > test-owner: mailman
> > >
> > > then do a newaliases.
> >
> > Should I create these aliases for every new list (replacing test with
the
> > new listname)?
>
> Of course.  When you ran 'newlist' to create the list, it told
> you that.

I'm pretty certain that it didn't but I will confirm that when I create the
next list.

 > When I create the above aliases, it should be without the " and the |
> > characters I assume?
>
> No, they're necessary.
>
> > Where can I find instructions on this? I can't find it in the Mailman
> > documentation.
>
> Uh...man aliases?...

It doesn't say anything in man aliases about creating these aliases to get
mailman to work as you most likely know.

> It's really a bad idea to try to be a mailing list administrator
> without the slightest idea of how email works.  Aliases are pretty
> basic knowledge; I'd do some studying were I you.

I know quite a lot about email and is already running mailing-lists but on
another platform.

Jonas Fornander - support at netwood.net
Netwood Communications - www.netwood.net
Find out why we're better - Tel: 310-442-1530