[Mailman-Users] users getting delivery error messages

Jorge Godoy godoy at conectiva.com
Fri Jun 9 18:56:50 CEST 2000

Ryan Fife <fife at AnywhereYouGo.com> writes:

> I have a list with about 700 people on it and I have a lot of problems with
> people going over quota (yahoo, hotmail, etc. accounts) and their mail
> bouncing.  Which is annoying for me, but I just disable mail delivery
> for the user and go on my merry way.
>
> However, it appears that people who post to the list are also getting the
> delivery failure messages - but only occasionally.  I can't find any
> consistency except for certain mail domains always bounce to both...I think
> I might have just answered my question, but I'll go ahead and see if anyone
> can confirm.
>
> Is this a mailman problem or the mail server of the recipient?  It seems
> to me that the mail server is sending the delivery problem report to the
> sender and the list admin - which means there is really nothing I can do.
>
> sorry for the ramble...when i'm confused, my messages reflect it!

I have these problems on some mailing lists that we have here at
Conectiva.

In our case, it's a misconfiguration of the SMTPd on the other
side. It isn't respecting message headers and it's sending it's error
messages to the wrong address.

Your descriptions makes me think that you're having the same problem.

--
Godoy.	<godoy at conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.