[Mailman-Users] ./configure Permission denied

Jonas Fornander jonas at netwood.net
Fri Jun 9 11:19:56 CEST 2000

I'm new to the list and looking for help with installing Mailman. I have
search the archives about my problem but to no avail. I'm not that good at
Linux so I need some help from the community.

I'm trying to install Mailman 2.0beta2 on my RH5.2. I have uploaded the
Mailman files to a regular user directory (not mailman). Now when I try to
run ./configure I get a permission denied error. I get the error regardless
if I'm root, mailman or the username I used to upload the files as. I have
installed gcc-2.7.2.3-14 and Python 1.5.2.

Also, it says in the installation documentation that I should not run the
installation as root but how can I write to mailman's directory if I'm not
root?

TIA for any help.

Jonas Fornander - support at netwood.net
Netwood Communications - www.netwood.net
Find out why we're better - Tel: 310-442-1530