Re(2): [Mailman-Users] Unsubscribing without passwords

mailman mailman at abelcine.com
Mon Jun 5 23:24:33 CEST 2000

>They can ask for their password to be sent to them from the
>webpage or
>via email.  I have a canned response that I give subscribers when
>they
>are asking how to unsub.

I know -- that's what I'm doing now (I have a little note in the
footer explaining the process). It's just that, since these are
people who are accustomed to a different system I'd rather save
them the inconvenience. And since it's a non-posting list anyway,
I figure there aren't really too many security concerns (people
would still have to confirm their subscribes).

>Do you really mean to be sending email to this list from your
>mailman
>account instead of some user named account?

Actually, this isn't my mailman account. Mailman is running in a
subdomain -- this is an account I created just for this list to
segregate the mail (don't ask -- it's not a unix server so I can't
use procmail).

>alex

--Jesse