[Mailman-Users] White flag [Re: Feature Request -- Again]

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Sun Jun 4 15:56:44 CEST 2000

Quoting David Champion (dgc at uchicago.edu):
> Someone wrote in response to a more helpful message that a simple "no"
> is better.  It was my read that the whole point of that message was
> that to be blunt and unhelpful is a better approach, and my estimation
> of it is that it's discouraging for a user to hear, and not a very

Well, I guess it all comes down to wheteher you want to hand your lusers a
fish every day, or have them learn to go fishing and stop bugging you.
Since the people who use my mailing lists are not my customers, I can
safely say "do it yourself".  I never intend to find myself in a situation
where I've gotta coddle users to the point where I've got to do their work
for them.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
There are two ways to write error-free programs.  Only the third one works.