[Mailman-Users] Feature Request -- Again

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Jun 2 20:02:28 CEST 2000

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:53:16 -0600
Richard Pyne <rpyne at kinfolk.org> wrote:

> I am finding more and more all the time that people are using
> email addresses that have absolutely NO relationship to their name
> and most of my administrative requests are of the nature "Hi, I'm
> John Doe and my new email address is hiphop at webmail.net. Can you
> please update my address?".

I handle those with an equally simple reply:

  This is one of those things that is far easier for you to do than
  I.  Just unsubscribe your old address and then subscribe the new.
  To do this just go to the list page, plug in your subscription
  address at the bottom.  On the next page is a button to
  unsubscribe.  You can of course re-subscribe at the list page.

A variation of the same indicating the send-me-my-password button
handles the, "Please unsubscribe me as I've forgotten my PW" please.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu