[Mailman-Users] mass delete

Jason Wright peewee at scc.mi.org
Fri Jun 2 03:52:42 CEST 2000

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 11:42:26AM -0700, Dan Mick spewed forth:

> Is there some reason that the obvious shell combination of bin/list_members and
> bin/remove_members won't work?

I've been evaluating 2.0beta2 to replace the sendmail aliases / Listserv
/ Majordomo salad we use to run our various lists.  Some of these lists
have 20-40000 subscribers and are product announcment lists run by our
Marketing people.  They don't get shell access to the list servers (and
wouldn't know what to do with it if they did), so everything has to be
in the web interface.  Currently, we use Listserv for these big lists,
since it does provide the bulk add and delete functionality the original
poster was asking about and which I also require.  Listserv is slow,
expensive and closed source, though.

Keep up the great work!

PeeWee

--
email: peewee at scc.mi.org - useless: http://www.scc.mi.org/peewee/ -  efnet: Pwe
I said you were a state of mind, I believe. I said that if you ran very swiftly