[Mailman-Users] incorrect list-id

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Jun 1 17:59:51 CEST 2000

At 10:44 AM -0500 6/1/2000, Christopher Kolar wrote:

>I posted something to the developer's list about this last month.
>Apparently Mm uses the ID of the first publicly visible list on your
>server for all of the monthly reminder messages.  The rationale for
>this seems to be that many people getting the reminders may be on
>multiple lists, so the list ID used for the reminder is really just
>an unimportant placeholder so that there is not a lot of header
>creation confusion for people on multiple lists.

Arguably, since it's a meta-message and not a list-message, it
probably ought to not have a list-id attached. it's not coming from a
list, but from the list's server.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"