[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.0 beta4 -- connection to sendmail hangs

Tim Potter tpot at linuxcare.com.au
Mon Jul 31 02:13:08 CEST 2000

Todd C. Miller writes:

> It looks like the problem may be related to bounces from a microsoft
> exchange server.

I have a list of ~1500 subscribers that has the sendmail hang
problem, but it doesn't seem to be related to exchange as the
first message I tried to send out was blocked in the qrunner
process.  I don't think it had got to the stage of sending it out
yet.

>From your previous message, I changed the DELIVERY entry in
Mailman/Defaults.py to Sendmail from SMTPDirect and now I'm
getting stacks of mailer daemon messages sent to the poster
address and not swallowed by the list admin.

Thanks for the DELIVERY tip though.

Regards,

Tim.