[Mailman-Users] add members to a list without web???

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Jul 20 18:48:16 CEST 2000

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 14:17:28 +0200 (DFT)
Margrit Lottmann <Margrit.Lottmann at URZ.Uni-Magdeburg.DE> wrote:

> Our situation: :::::::::::::: We have 120 mailists with xxx
> members (xxx between 5 and 700).

> It isn't possible to write to each member of each list, that they
> have to subscribe to their special list again!!!

> Can I call the cgi-routine "subscribe" from mailman separately??

You can do this from the command line using the add_members script i
n ~mailman/bin.

> ...and the necessary parameters: email-address of the subscriber
> password(s) name of the maillist

Unfortunately there currently is no way to pre-set or preserve the
password in this case.

> We work with virtual domains. Is there only the solution to have 1
> mailman environment for each virtual domain ???

No.  Mailman handles virtual domains quote well (bottom of the first
page of the admin form).  There is a single caveat however in that
you cannot have multiple lists under different virtual domains with
the same name.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                               Other: coder at kanga.nu
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/        Keys etc: finger claw at kanga.nu