[Mailman-Users] password list manager

Olav at OKvittem.priv.no Olav at OKvittem.priv.no
Sat Jul 15 13:08:16 CEST 2000

Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM said:
> As I said: use the list admin page.  Did you read that, and go look,
> and not find anything, or have you not looked?

I had the same problem because no passwords worked after upgrading
from 1.0b9 to 2.0b4.  Anyone know anything I could do to recover passwords ?

I found the /home/mailman/bin/mmsitepass - In the code says :
> """Set the site password, prompting from the terminal.
> The site password can be used in most if not all places that the list
> administrator's password can be used, which in turn can be used in
> most places that a list users password can be used."""

So I did and then plan to update the password of each list manager
by the web interface

By the way is there any documentation/description  of the scripts i the mailman bin
directory ?

regards
Olav