[Mailman-Users] Mhonarc+Mailman Problems

Nick Marouf marouni at earlham.edu
Fri Jul 14 08:46:45 CEST 2000

Hey Guys,
    I've been having some problems with mailman  version 2.0beta4
+ Mhonarc lately. The main change that I did was re-configure mailman to
from /home/mailman to /home/software/mailman.  When I create a list it
defaults to pipermail. What is confusing is that this was working. fine
a few hours ago. And we are releasing the sever tomorrow. this is pretty
nerve recking. I hope somone can help me out.
this is what I have in mm_cfg.py

PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER  = "/home/software/mailman/ext-archiver
%(listname)s"
"""
PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = "/home/software/mailman/ext-archiver
%(listname)s"
"""
DEFAULT_ARCHIVE_PRIVATE    = 1          #0=public, 1=private
DEFAULT_SEND_WELCOME_MSG = 0            #dont welcome subscribers
DEFAULT_SUBSCRIBE_POLICY = 2            #admin approval required
DEFAULT_ADMIN_NOTIFY_MCHANGES = 1       #Notfiy if some
subscribed/unsubscribed
DEFAULT_PRIVATE_ROSTER = 1              #0: anyone can see, 1: members
only, 2: admin only.
DEFAULT_SEND_REMINDERS = 0              #passwords, etc..
ADMIN_COOKIE_LIFE = hours(1)

in  etc-archiver I have this in it

bash$ cat ext-archiver
#!/bin/sh
#Nick M. Jul 13, 2000.  Pain the ass process
#Many thanks to  "Joseph Gray" <jgray at lcdfnm.org> --creater

umask 022
month_year=`date +%B%Y`
listname=$1
listdir=/home/software/mailman/archives/private/$listname
outdir=$listdir/$month_year
rcfile=/home/software/mailman/mhonarc-config.mrc

if [ ! -d "$outdir" ]; then
    mkdir -p $outdir
    cd $listdir
    ls -t -1 > dirlist
    grep -v 'dirlist' dirlist > newlist
    grep -v 'index.html' newlist > dirlist
    rm -f newlist
    echo '<html>' > index.html
    echo '<head>' >> index.html
    echo -n '<title>Monthly Archives of ' >> index.html
    echo -n $1 >> index.html
    echo '</title>' >> index.html
    echo '</head>' >> index.html
    echo '<body>' >> index.html
    echo -n '<h1>Monthly Archives of ' >> index.html
    echo -n $1 >> index.html
    echo '</h1>' >> index.html
    echo '<hr><pre>' >> index.html
    for I in `cat dirlist`; do
        echo -n '<a href="' >> index.html
        echo -n $I >> index.html
        echo -n '/">' >> index.html
        echo -n $I >> index.html
        echo '/</a>' >> index.html
    done
    echo '</pre><hr>' >> index.html
    echo '</body></html>' >> index.html
fi

/usr/bin/mhonarc -add -rcfile $rcfile -outdir $outdir
chmod -R 02775 $outdir

That part works great.  I think that it has something to do with
mm_cfg.py

please, any help would be appreciated.

Nick