[Mailman-Users] admin pages

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Jul 13 02:22:07 CEST 2000

At 6:35 PM -0500 7/12/00, Nicholas wrote:
>if anyone has an idea on this. I would love to know.

>  >     I am using  Mailman version 2.0beta4, and so far so good. However
>  > I want to limit the options on the admin page,

right now, you're sort of out of luck. You can edit the pages, but
those edits are on a global basis (all lists, all admins) so whatever
you edit, you as head-admin couldn't override. Not good.

Potentially you could make a separate set of edited pages for the
admins, but they intertwine pretty heavily in the guts of the code,
and it'd be a lot of work.

the real answer is to have classes of admins, and allow different
class of admins to set different values. that means a complete
rewrite and a database, so it won't happen this week.

There really is no easy way to do this, unfortunately. The answer is
to tell all your admins "don't touch that", spank them if they do,
and if you can't trust them, don't give them access to the admin
pages.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"