[Mailman-Users] Problem creating a new list

Jay Freeman jay at j-freeman.net
Sun Jul 9 08:11:57 CEST 2000

Hi,

I've just installed 2.0 beta 3 and I'm getting some errors when I run
bin/newlist to create the 'test' list as per the INSTALL file. Here's
the traceback I'm getting:

Traceback (innermost last)
    File "bin/newlist", line 155, in ?
        main(sys.argv)
    File "bin/newlist", line 112, in main
        mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
    File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 785, in Create
        self.Lock()
    File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1345, in Lock
        self.Load()
    File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 894, in Load
        raise Erros.MMUknownListError
Mailman.Errors.MMUnknownListError

So, what have I done wrong? :) It seems to be saying that the function
to create a new list is complaining because the new list doesn't exist,
but I'm probably just confused. I did run bin/check_perms -f as root
until it reported no problems. A directory called "test" was also
created under lists.

Thanks,

Jay

--
* Jay Freeman - WT9S                 ARRL  *