[Mailman-Users] Random passwords

Joseph Gray jgray at lcdfnm.org
Wed Jul 5 23:19:18 CEST 2000

I patched "~/Mailman/Cgi/subscribe.py" to force the generation of random passwords when a user subscribes from the web page, as
documented on this list. I made one change, however. I called Utils.MakeRandomPassword twice, to give an 8 character password. This
works fine when the user subscribes themselves, but if the admin subscribes one or more users, only a 4 character password is
generated. Obviously, the admin subscribe option invokes some different code than "subscribe.py". I can't seem to find where this
is - does anyone have any idea?

I just did a test and it seems that when a user subscribes via email, to the
"-request" address, this also only generates a 4 character password. Is this in the same place as the admin subscribe?

Thanks.