[Mailman-Users] pipermail archive -> MHonArc

Todd Pfaff pfaff at edge.cis.mcmaster.ca
Wed Jul 5 21:28:56 CEST 2000

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Nick Marouf wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>     I just got MHonArc to work as my external archive for public and private
> lists. However How do I get my old archives for a mailing list from pipermail
> into MHonArc. I at first used  ARCH with the list name and it re-generated
> the pipermail archive.

i think you're going to have to run mhonarc using your existing
listname.mbox file as input.  you may have to split it into individual
messages and feed each to mhonarc.

i posted some scripts to this list a while ago that do some of this work,
but i'm using mhonarc along with glimpse and wilma so my stuff may be
overkill for a mhonarc-only installation.  you may get some useful ideas
by looking at them.  search the archives for my messages regarding
mhonarc, wilma and glimpse.

--
Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: pfaff at mcmaster dot ca
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920