[Mailman-Users] Message duplication in beta3

Matthew Frost matthewf at orac.frost.net
Tue Jul 4 19:10:11 CEST 2000

I've just experienced the following:

I have a list of 4 members.
1 of the member's email addresses gave a 451 response when Mailman
connected to the local SMTP server (for various reasons).

Every qrun was then sending mail to _all_ the list members (resulting
in duplicate messages), until I fixed the 451 error at which point it
stopped.

I did note that there were 2 sets of .msg and .db files in the q
directory at this time.

Any ideas? or is this a bug?

I _did_ have another issue at this point where mailman would not
create the files in database/ so it _could_ have been that triggering
the repetition (I've not worked out what was causing that one yet).

Regards, Matthew

--
Matthew Frost                                         http://www.frost.org/
                                                   email: matthew at frost.org