[Mailman-Users] weird error on /bin/newlist

davidu davidu at phreedom.net
Mon Jul 3 03:32:18 CEST 2000

I used to have a working MailMan install.  Now that I have installed the
new version 2, beta 3 copy, I feel like a newbie.  What could explain this
error? (note, this is a new machine, new lists etc...I was just commenting
that I used to run Mailman --with ease)

Here is the interesting error:
-----------------BEGIN
[davidu at server1 mailman]$ su mailman
Password:
[mailman at server1 mailman]$ ./bin/check_perms
No problems found
[mailman at server1 mailman]$ ./bin/newlist
Enter the name of the list: test
Enter the email of the person running the list: davidu at phreedom.net
Initial divxchange password:
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./bin/newlist", line 155, in ?
    main(sys.argv)
  File "./bin/newlist", line 112, in main
    mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 785, in Create
    self.Lock()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1345, in Lock
    self.Load()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 894, in Load
    raise Errors.MMUnknownListError
Mailman.Errors.MMUnknownListError
[mailman at server1 mailman]$ exit

Any ideas?