[Mailman-Users] REALLY stupid question

Tor Houghton th at nextra.com
Sat Jan 22 15:43:39 CET 2000

* Marc W. Mauss (Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 04:48:03PM -0500)

> Tor, I did run "newaliases".  -- The primary problem is that access to
> [host-name]/mailman/ is forbidden.

What does your httpd/access_log and httpd/error_log tell you?

> Also, there is no admin directory in "/usr/share/mailman/", nor is there a
> "listinfo" directory, as mentioned by Jerry Thomas.  Should these
> directories have been created automatically on installation?

Yep; these are created when you do "make install". Is /usr/share/mailman
configured to be readable by the http server?

> Who should be the owner and group of "mailman" and it's contents?  What
> should the access rights be set to?

These should be owned by the "mailman" user and the "mailman" group. As for
access rights, I have them go=wrs and u=rx.

Tor.