[Mailman-Users] nightly_gzip program error

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Fri Jan 14 21:02:54 CET 2000

Quoting Aldrin Martoq (agm at cec.uchile.cl):
> I'm receiving this mail from crontab:
>
> Subject: Cron <mailman at fasat-alfa> /usr/bin/python /home/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/home/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip", line 143, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/home/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip", line 114, in main
>     time.strptime(f, '%Y-%B.txt')
> AttributeError: strptime

This means you're using the python RPM that came with RedHat, instead of
downloading and updating to the new one on ftp://updates.redhat.com
(it's python-1.5.2-7.*)

It's an exceptionally bad idea to put a Linux box on the net without regularly
checking for updates there - many are fixes for SIGNIFICANT security holes.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
"I find your lack of clue...disturbing" - Sysadmin Vader.