[Mailman-Users] trouble with IE5?

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at relax.com
Tue Jan 11 23:15:14 CET 2000

Sorry to bother the list with this.  I can't replicate the problem I
wrote about earlier.  Stop reading now unless you want to read more
about how nothing's wrong with Mailman and IE5.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:49:49 -0800, "alex wetmore" <alex at phred.org> said:

> From: "Jay Pfaffman" <pfaffman at relax.com>
>> I have a user using IE5 who claims that he cannot see any of the
>> subscribers list pages except the first and that he cannot approve any
>> postings.  This seems consistent with problems I've seen in other
>> places where IE5 does not reload pages when it should. Posting data to
>> the same url as the current page just redisplays the page without
>> sending the data to the server for a new version of the page.
>>
>> Is it my imagination or is IE5 horribly broken?

> I've been using IE5 (on Windows 2000) to administrate and subscribe to a
> number of mailman lists (some on my machine and some on others) with no
> problems.  It is just as likely that there is a broken proxy server in
> between him and your server.

Thanks for your answer.  Now that I've managed to gain access to a
WinXX box I see that it's working fine for me to & I can go back to
believing that either this user or some proxy server is at fault.

I'd heard reports of MSIE improperly caching pages, but of the two
problems I'd had, I've fixed one (my code was at fault) and the other
(the mailman problem) is not reproducible.

Jay Pfaffman                           pfaffman at relax.com
+1-615-343-1720 (office)               +1-615-460-9299 (home)
http://relax.ltc.vanderbilt.edu/~pfaffman/