[Mailman-Users] REDHAT 6.X NEWBIES - READ THIS

Garret Krampe garret at satix.net
Thu Jan 6 00:04:41 CET 2000

I had the experience of NOT reading the DOCs !
All the answers are there.

If you like then you should make this script and put into
the diectory where mailman.tar.gz expanded to
call it "redhat6"
chmod u+rwx redhat6
then ./redhat6

this will make a default installation for you.
may I suggest to also use webin to complete your www management of your
server(s).
http://www.webmin.com/

<------------- cut ------------------>
#!/bin/bash
useradd mailman
chmod u+rwx,g+s /home/mailman
cp misc/mailman.jpg /home/httpd/icons
chmod a+r  /home/httpd/icons/mailman.jpg

./configure --with-cgi-gid=nobody --with-mail-gid=mail
make install

cd /home/mailman/bin
./check_perms -f
ln -sf  /home/mailman/mail/wrapper /etc/smrsh/wrapper
cat <<EOF >>/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

# ------------ Mailman List  ----------- #

<directory /home/mailman/cgi-bin>
Options ExecCGI
order deny,allow
allow from all
</directory>

<directory /home/mailman/>
Options All
order deny,allow
allow from all
</directory>

# Mailman #

Alias /pipermail/ /home/mailman/archives/public/
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /home/mailman/cgi-bin/

# ------------ END OF mailman ----------- #
EOF
echo "DELIVERED_BY_URL = '/icons/mailman.jpg'"
>>/home/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
echo "FINISHED:"
echo "now ..."
echo "restart httpd"
echo "To make a list :"
echo "cd /home/mailman/bin  (  lots of goodies here )"
echo "./newlist <listname>"
echo "copy and paste the alias quote to /etc/aliases"
echo "run sendmail -biv or newaliases to update the database"
echo "restart sendmail"
echo "hope this helps other newbies like me !"
echo "you access this list http://yourdomain/mailman/listinfo"

< ---------------- cut ------------------ >

--
Regards,