[Mailman-Users] Problems w/ admin

sigma at pair.com sigma at pair.com
Wed Jan 5 14:09:05 CET 2000

At pair Networks, we've just started operating a "test" service using
Mailman and Postfix.  Unfortunately, in the first few hours, we're already
having a problem with the admin interface.  It worked fine, but after
creating several dozen lists, it's stopped working for *any* list.

After you input the admin password, you get a report like this:

Bug in Mailman version 1.1

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
this page to the webmaster for this site with
a description of what happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/mailman/scripts/driver", line 112, in run_main
    main()
  File "../Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 168, in main
    FormatConfiguration(doc, lst, category, category_suffix)
  File "../Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 296, in FormatConfiguration
    form = Form(lst.GetRelativeScriptURL('admin'))
  File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/htmlformat.py", line 351, in __init__
    apply(Container.__init__, (self,) +  items)
AttributeError: [_init__

I'm no Python expert, unfortunately, but I did take a look.  I can't find
anything in Form.__init__ (I assume this is an object constructor) that
looked unusual.  The lst.GetRelativeScriptURL('admin') resolves to
"../admin/listname", which seems reasonable as well.

Nothing has changed in the code; I compared everything to the 1.1 sources.

I'm going to continue to explore the problem - until it's resolved, our
users can't use the admin interface, but that's why it's just a "test"
period.  Any help from other users or developers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin Martin
sigma at pair.com