[Mailman-Users] Posting-Filter is broken in 1.1 !?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Jan 3 18:08:17 CET 2000

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 10:30:03 +0100
Aaron Optimizer Digulla <digulla at hepe.com> wrote:

> I have reported these bugs several *months* ago and still got no
> feedback about them :-( Is anyone ever fixing bugs ?

> Ok, here they are again:

> 1. Some posts are held no matter if the poster is subscribed or in
> the posters list (this is a different bug than #2 !!).

I suspect that you still have MailMan configured to authenticate by
envelope address and that that address is not in your membership
list or authorised_poster list.

> 2. Some posts are held because Mailman uses the "Sender:" header
> item added by Netscape (Mailman should ignore it).

MailMan pays no attention to the Sender: header.  It does by default
read the message envelope and does ignore the From: header however,

> 3. When I have a list with the policy "Only subscribed posters can
> post" set to "Yes" and I set this option to "No", then all posts
> must be approved manually ! No one can post anymore :-(

Set "Must posts be approved by an administrator?" to "No" in Privacy
Options.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder at kanga.nu