[Mailman-Users] Administrator password not working after installation

Joan Coyne jmcoyne at alum.mit.edu
Tue Feb 29 04:23:26 CET 2000

I just installed Mailman on my system, and I have created a list.  I was
able to subscribe to the list, post to the list and receive mail from the
list.  I can't get to the adminstration pages though because it won't
accept my password.  I keep getting "Sorry, wrong password, Please try
again".  I know that this question has been asked before, but I can't find
a response that explains how to fix this.  I do not have another copy of
python on my system as someone suggested might cause this problem.  I have
tried changing my site password using mmsitepass, but this password does
not work either.  The list password that was mailed to me when I created
the list was correct (well, it was what I put in.  Obviously mailman does
not think it is correct). If anyone has any ideas, please let me know

Joan