[Mailman-Users] accents in subjects

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Fri Feb 25 15:28:07 CET 2000

Quoting Fil (fil at bok.net):
> This 1) prevents confirmation from working when the client mailer is stupid
> enough to use "Réf. :" instead of "Re:" ;  2) makes the digests ugly and

Using "Réf. :" instead of "Re:" is a violation of RFC822.  I wish mail
user agent writers would actually read the damn RFCs instead of assuming that
Re: is an abbreviation for an english word!  Let me guess - it's a Microsoft
product right?

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.

'Usenet "belongs" to those who administer the hosts of which it is comprised'
 - RFC 1036, draft revision