[Mailman-Users] Page includes

Scott Russell scottrus at raleigh.ibm.com
Fri Feb 25 00:06:26 CET 2000

Arthur -

I decided to play a bit and came up with this possible solution.
Keep in mind I do not code python either. This is just what I
could make out from the code. I did this against Mailman 1.2 from
CVS but I susspect you can do the same:

1) Backup the /home/mailman/Mailman/HTMLFormatter.py file
2) Edit the file.
3) Look for the section def GetMailmanFooter(self):
4) Change it to look like: (beware of line wraps in this email!)

 def GetMailmanFooter(self):
   owners_html = Container()
   owners_html.AddItem(Link('mailto:%s' % self.GetAdminEmail(), self.GetAdminEmail()))
# Comment out existing code. SMR 02/24/00
#    for i in range(len(self.owner)):
#      owner = self.owner[i]
#      owners_html.AddItem(Link('mailto:%s' % owner, owner))
#        if i + 1 <> len(self.owner):
#          owners_html.AddItem(', ')
# End comment

Sorry, no patch today. This is a hack to make each footer use
'test-admin at hostname.com' as the mailto. In Mailman 1.2 this
is an alias setup in the /etc/aliases file. If you update
from 1.x to 1.2 in the future you'll need to re-hack the
HTMLFormatter.py file.

Try this with care and good luck.

-- Scott