[Mailman-Users] External Archivers and listinfo page archive url

Rick Niess rniess at netserver3.otr.usm.edu
Thu Feb 24 22:08:46 CET 2000

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Scott Russell wrote:
> The listinfo page has an url to the archive location which points to the pipermail archives on
> the local system. Is there a setting that I can use to redirect this url or will I have to
> change it on the template html manually?

     You can change this in your web server's configuration.  I'll assume
your using Apache.  When you setup Mailman, you had to add some Alias
directives to your http.conf or srm.conf.  Ex:

Alias /pipermail/ /home/mailman/archives/public/
Alias /mailman/archives/ /home/mailman/archives/public/

(The second is of my own doing for added URL continuity.)

     According to apache's docs, you should be able to replace these with
Redirect directives like so:

#Redirect /service http://foo2.bar.com/service
Redirect /pipermail/ http://wherever.com/blah.html
Redirect /mailman/archives/ http://wherever.com/blah.html

     Does that help?

						~ Rick ~
--
.oooO "Man with closed Oooo.    Rick C. Niess
(   )   mouth gathers  (   )    University of Southern Miss.
 \ (      no foot!"     ) /     resnet at usm.edu