[Mailman-Users] Changing list options under script control?

Andy Holyer andyh at littoralis.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 18:23:17 CET 2000

OK, here's what I'd like to do. I can appreciate the steps necessary, but I
don't know python, which means I don't know exactly what to do.

I need to set the options for a site from a program, rather than from the
web page. This is because we run a number of sites, each of which should
have a postmaster-only list associated with it. To add a new site, I need to
specifically run newlist, edit /etc/aliases, run newaliases, then go to the
new list's web page to change the options. Id' like all of this to run from
the script which adds a new site.

I realise that I need to modify ~mailman/lists/listname/config.db (I think?
I may have the filename/path wrong - I looked this up yesterday). However I
can't find the fragment of python code which does this. Any hints would be
gratefully received.

Regards,

Andy Holyer, Learn the Internet Ltd., Lewes, UK