[Mailman-Users] removing /mailman/ from URLs

Wim Pranata wim at pranata.com
Wed Feb 16 18:23:58 CET 2000

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Danny Yee wrote:

> Demian Hanks wrote:
> > You may want to drop the index.html, and just go with:
>
> > I was going to setup an index.html, but it seems pointless since
> > listinfo already generates a page for you, although you may have
> > some other reason I'm not awary of.
>
> Yep, that makes sense.
>
> > I use a regex to redirect "exact / /listinfo.cgi"
>
> > I believe that the apache syntax is:
>
> Unfortunately this Redirect interferes with the
> 	ScriptAlias / /var/mailman/cgi-bin/
> (Whichever one comes first stops the other doing anything.)
>
> The combination
> 	DocumentRoot /var/mailman/cgi-bin
> 	Options ExecCGI
> doesn't work, since the cgi-bin scripts aren't identified as scripts.
> I could put in explicit ScriptAliases for every entry in cgi-bin, or
> maybe rename all the files with .cgi extensions.  Do any Apache gurus
> have a nicer solution?

I'm not sure this is the right way to do it but it works fine here :)

<VirtualHost x.x.x.x>
    ServerName lists.mydomain.com
    Redirect /index.html http://lists.mydomain.com/mailman/listinfo
    DocumentRoot /home/mailman/
    ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/home/mailman/cgi-bin/"
    Alias /pipermail/ "/home/mailman/archives/public/"
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/lists-error.log
    TransferLog /var/log/httpd/lists-access.log
</VirtualHost>

wim