[Mailman-Users] Mailman Mail Sending Problem

Carl M. Nasal II carl at nasal.org
Thu Feb 10 03:04:02 CET 2000

I've recently installed Mailman, but have had one problem:  it does not seem to
want to send out e-mail.  I think it may have to do with the wrapper, but I
can't figure out what's wrong.  Whenever Mailman tries to send to the owner or
back to the list, my /var/log/maillog shows the following:
Feb  9 20:54:38 erwin sendmail[12923]: UAA12922:
to="|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner fte-committee", delay=00:00:00,
xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, stat=Operating system error

The only other error I can find is in /home/mailman/logs/smtp-failures,
although it only was shown once:
Feb 09 20:36:36 2000 TrySMTPDelivery: To carl at nasal.org:
Feb 09 20:36:36 2000 TrySMTPDelivery:
Mailman.pythonlib.smtplib.SMTPRecipientsRefused  / {'carl at nasal.org': (550,
'<carl at nasal.org>... Relaying denied')}  (dequeued)

I'm using sendmail for the SMTP server and am running Mandrake Linux 6.1,
kernel 2.2.13.

Any information would be greatly helpful and thank you in advance for your time.

Thank you,
Carl Nasal

--
Carl M. Nasal II <carl at nasal.org>
CEO/Owner of ZZWeb <http://www.zzweb.net>

All Advantage -- Earn money while surfing the web!
        http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=efr019