[Mailman-Users] privacy problem with mailman archives ?

Rachel Willmer rachel at intertrader.com
Sat Feb 5 02:37:49 CET 2000

Looking at the public archives for the mailing list I've just created, it
seems that there's a privacy problem.

The archives display the email addresses of the senders in a spam-readable
format, which would make it very easy for a robot to pick off the names of
anyone who's posted to my list.

Is there an option I've missed that obfusticates the email addresses of
posters addresses in the archives, in the same way that the addresses in
the list of subscribers can be spam-proofed ?

(using mailman v1.1)

thanks for any help
Rachel