[Mailman-Users] Implicit Destination

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Sun Dec 31 22:29:16 CET 2000

Douglas Munoz wrote:

> I am running a very small, un-moderated list for the internal staff of my
> company. It is basically set up to allow non-members (job seekers) to post
> messages (resumes) to list members (HR).
>
> Every couple of days I will get notification that a message requires
> administrative review. The reason given is:
>
> Reason:  Message has implicit destination

This means the message has an implicit destination.  "Implicit" means "not obviously
set to go to the list", so there's some way it's getting to the list without mentioning
the list in To: or Cc:, usually Bcc:.

You can change the list config to make it accept such messages (see the admin html
pages), or you can tell your users to stop Bcc'ing the list.