[Mailman-Users] Request for comments

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Dec 21 00:25:54 CET 2000

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:27:16 -0500 (EST)
Cordell H Thomas <cht at ccil.org> wrote:

> Hi, I been listening and learning for a few weeks.  I work with
> several small human service lists running mailman.  I learned that
> the BOD of our ISP is considering outsourcing and changing from
> Linux to NT.  This after the servers were rebuilt and changed to
> Linux last spring.  All of the tech folks are not happy with this
> as it is a waste of their time.  NO one that I know wants to
> migrate to windows.  For one thing much of our work is done from a
> remote site.

> I would appreciate any comments that you folks out there would
> wish to pass along.

In essence, as a customer, you are left with one statement:

  If you move to NT you will lose us as customers.

Whether that is effective or not is another matter.

At this point I'm reminded of a story of a friend of a friend who,
shortly after signing a three year lease on an apartment, was told
the owner of the apartment wanted it back so they could move in.
His reply, literally:

  "Stick 'em up!  This is going to cost you..."

Simple and to the point.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu