[Mailman-Users] Re: Q: Mailman & Qmail

Mika Ylianttila over at ees2.oulu.fi
Wed Dec 20 19:55:12 CET 2000

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Mika Ylianttila wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Mika Ylianttila wrote:
>
>>  The installation procedure seemed to go ok, but when I run
>>the check_perms, I get the following error message:
>--> solved
>
>  Now I should have it almost ready, but now I face a problem when running
>the bin/newlist. I do not get a notification though the new list creation
>process seems to go fine. I guess the problem is somewhere in the qmail
>settings. Any hints?

  To be more specific, I get the following instrcutions by bin/newlist,
but I do not get any info via e-mail:

--
To create system aliases:

   echo '|preline /home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test' >~alias/.qmail-test
   echo '|preline /home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test'
>~alias/.qmail-test-admin
   echo '|preline /home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test'
>~alias/.qmail-test-request
   echo '&test-admin' >~alias/.qmail-owner-test
   echo '&test-admin' >~alias/.qmail-test-owner
   chmod 644 ~alias/.qmail-test ~alias/.qmail-test-admin
   chmod 644 ~alias/.qmail-test-request ~alias/.qmail-test-owner
   chmod 644 ~alias/.qmail-owner-test

---

  What should I do with the qmail settings? I tried the chmods and
added the aliases, but nothing happened. What does these echo lines
mean ...?

mIka