[Mailman-Users] Slow Performance on semi-large lists

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Dec 14 01:01:32 CET 2000

At 3:53 PM -0800 12/13/00, J C Lawrence wrote:

>There are some small points, such as you should be running a local
>cacheing DNS server (I use DJBDNS, but BIND can do this as well).

This is a HUGE improvement. Even if your local machine is loaded,
it's faster tahn a dedicated DNS machine next door, because
relatively speaking, network is slow here.

>What to do about the posts sitting in your sendmail queue when you
>do that?

or, just sit it aside, and run a "sendmail -q5m" on the moved
directory until everything times out and is empty.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

We're visiting the relatives. Cover us.