[Mailman-Users] Slow Performance on semi-large lists

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Dec 13 23:49:05 CET 2000

At 3:34 PM -0700 12/13/00, D.J. Atkinson wrote:
>  >>It often takes 2 or 3 hours for the mailings to go out (even the smaller
>>>ones).  I would like to increase performance, but i'm not really too
>>>sure what to do.
>>
>>make sure you have
>  >SMTP_MAX_RCPTS = 10

>I've experienced similar issues to Neil, but it's usually only 1-3
>addresses causing the problem,

right. And if you don't tweak smtp_max_rcpts, those slow addresses
force everyone delivered AFTER them to be held up. smpt_max-rcpts
breaks teh delivery into many small batches, so any single slow
address doesn't impact the entire delivery. If you don't change this
value, every slow or down machine will kill your delivery. Until you
do, nothing else you tweak will make much difference.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

We're visiting the relatives. Cover us.