[Mailman-Users] Re: BIG FAT MESSY...and the problem with users.

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Mon Dec 11 02:36:58 CET 2000

At 20:45 -0800 12/9/00, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>At 8:13 PM -0800 12/9/00, John W Baxter wrote:
>
>>"Demanding" something of Qualcomm is entirely too likely to be counter
>>productive.
>
>don't bet on it.  Eudora is usually the first to implement many new
>features/standards, at least of the commercial clients. And the
>programming team is pretty sharp. They're usually quite responsive in
>my discussions with them.
>
>I realize life is, well, interesting at Qualcomm, but I ahve hopes
>they'll end up being sold to some organization that will deal with it
>rationally and have realistic financial hopes for the package.

All the above matches my experience well (going back to the pre-Qualcomm
days).  I'm only quibbling about "demanding" rather than "requesting" or
"urging."  Hiding the headers would be very easy for them...add them to the
"Boring headers" list.  (Speaking of Mac.)  Implementing buttons tied to
them would be the harder thing.

Actually, for the Mac version, *we* can tie buttons to the headers using
AppleScript, the Scripts menu, and the ability to assign buttons to scripts
in that menu.

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA