[Mailman-Users] Re: BIG FAT MESSY...and the problem with users.

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Sun Dec 10 05:13:34 CET 2000

At 13:21 -0800 12/9/00, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:
>Of course, the purpose of the headers is to enable MUAs, not to show users
>crap.  So if you were to tell your Eudora users:
>- how to edit their .ini to hide the headers
>- to write Qualcomm demanding the MUA learn how to grow list buttons
>...it would be a good thing.

On the Mac, there is a nice GUI for adding headers which should be hidden.
It's well described in balloon help, and it's in a reasonably-expected
place in the Settings dialog.  (I use my Windows machine for very little
[and right now it's running Linux], and haven't looked for this in Eudora
there...I'd be a little surprised if editing the .ini file is the only way
to do it.)

"Demanding" something of Qualcomm is entirely too likely to be counter
productive.  The Board of Directors already seems unhappy about the
continued existence of the program.

I've used Eudora since about 1993 (long before it escaped over to the
Windows world)...I have yet to see anything which tempts me to leave it
(although I use pine happily as well).

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA