[Mailman-Users] IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/mailman/lists/test/ config.db'

James Sintz jsintz at ohiohistory.org
Wed Dec 6 22:03:45 CET 2000

Just installed Mailman and when I try to access the admin page for my test
list I get the following message in my browser.

"Bug in Mailman version 2.0

We're sorry, we hit a bug!
Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but
the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs. "

Here is what the error log says:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 222, in ?
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 203, in main
    process_lists(lock)
  File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 140, in process_lists
    mlist = MailList.MailList(listname, lock=0)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 79, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 891, in Load
    dict, e = self.__load(dbfile)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 868, in __load
    fp = open(dbfile)
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/mailman/lists/test/config.db'

Do I have something set up wrong or is this truly a bug?