[Mailman-Users] List-* headers

Matt Singerman m at whiteywillpay.net
Wed Dec 6 18:01:00 CET 2000

Would this be the section in question that would be commented out:

    # Add list-specific headers as defined in RFC 2369, but only if the
    # message is being crafted for a specific list (e.g. not for the password
    # reminders).
    if msgdata.get('_nolist'):
        return
    #
    # Pre-calculate
    listid = '<%s.%s>' % (mlist._internal_name, mlist.host_name)
    if mlist.description:
        listid = mlist.description + ' ' + listid
    requestaddr = mlist.GetRequestEmail()
    subfieldfmt = '<%s>, <mailto:%s?subject=%ssubscribe>'
    listinfo = mlist.GetScriptURL('listinfo', absolute=1)
    #
    # TBD: List-Id is not in the RFC, but it was in an earlier draft so we
    # leave it in for historical reasons.
    headers = {
        'List-Id'         : listid,
        'List-Help'       : '<mailto:%s?subject=help>' % requestaddr,
        'List-Unsubscribe': subfieldfmt % (listinfo, requestaddr, 'un'),
        'List-Subscribe'  : subfieldfmt % (listinfo, requestaddr, ''),
        'List-Post'       : '<mailto:%s>' % mlist.GetListEmail(),
        }

Thanks for your help.

Matt Singerman
http://pairlist.net/