[Mailman-Users] posted messages disappear

David Jackson djackson at Phys.Ocean.Dal.Ca
Tue Dec 5 17:51:56 CET 2000

Hi, I'm having trouble getting mailman 2.0 to work properly with postfix
on a solaris machine.  The web interface works, and it mails out a welcome
message when I add users to the list but when I post to the list the
messages just disappear.  I added the aliases as instructed and I can see
in the mail logs that the message is being delivered to the "wrapper post
test" command with no error messages.  I don't get any error messages in
$prefix/mailman/logs either.  I ran configure with the following options:

./configure --with-username=mailman --prefix=/var/mailman
--with-cgi-gid=http --with-mail-gid=mailman

Also I put the aliases for the list in a separate file the way it says to
do if you're using postfix in the troubleshooting section of the INSTALL
file.

I don't really understand what mail-gid is for.  Does it mean the gid it
expects the wrapper program to be run with from postfix?  After I moved
the aliases for the test list to a separate file and changed the
owenership to mailman.mailman postfix seemed to run the command with gid
mailman which should be ok...

Could somebody please give me some suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks.

David Jackson                    Systems Administrator
Dept. of Oceanography            E-mail: David.Jackson at Dal.Ca
Dalhousie University             Phone: (902) 494-6663
Halifax, NS                      FAX: (902) 494-2885
CANADA, B3H 4J1