[Mailman-Users] Help-Mailman GID Problem

Mathew Simon msimon at simdol.com
Mon Dec 4 05:13:48 CET 2000

Hi,

I have just installed Mailman-2.0 and have an installation related
problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Platform: RedHat Linux 7.0
Mail (MTA): Postfix, group=postfix=89
Web Server: Apache, group=apache=48

I used the configure with the following options.
./configure --with-mail-gid=89 --with-cgi-gid=48

I was able to complete the installation without any problems. But after
creating a test list (called "testlist"), I am unable to confirm the
subscription, since the email is getting returned undelivered with the
following message. please note that the gid=99 is the group 'nobody' on
my machine.

                        The Postfix program

<testlist-request at indiaforum.org>: Command died with status 2:
    "/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd testlist". Command output:
Failure to
    exec script. WANTED gid 89, GOT gid 99.  (Reconfigure to take 99?)

I don't know whether this is a Postfix configuration problem or a
Mailman problem. The Postfix is otherwise working fine. I am relatively
new to Linux, Postfix, and Mailman (even though I have considerable
experience in the software field). Any help to resolve this problem
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mathew Simon