[Mailman-Users] Mail GID

Mike Cisar marauder at morepower.com
Sun Dec 3 20:36:26 CET 2000

Have just installed Mailman (2.0b5) on a client's system (brand new install
of Redhat 7) using the RPM provided by Redhat... everything seemed fine but
when I try to send in a test message I get a wrapper error of (wanted GID
12, got GID 65535).

I've seen this behavior a couple of times before on Redhat systems but never
thought much of it (just recompile the wrapper to expect 65535 and all is
well).  I'm just wondering if anyone has any clue of why these systems
report back a group of 65535 to the wrapper when mail is indeed running as
group 12 on the server?  I've thought it was maybe just me when I was
compiling the code by myself, but when I'm downloading a distribution and
having the same issue (well why didn't they fix the bug, HEHE, but that's
beside the point).

Cheers,