[Mailman-Users] PC BIOS functions in protected mode

Peter Husemann Peter.Husemann at t-online.de
Sat Dec 2 23:30:14 CET 2000

Dear Sirs,

I have read the discussion about PC BIOS functions in protected mode. I am a
bit confused at this point, because I thought, that all BIOS functions are
gone, when switching to protected mode and usinge the memory above 1 MB. I
am interested in that subject, because I would like to write a programm,
which starts let's say from DOS and then switching to protected mode. If I
don't have any BIOS functions (?), how can I read any thing from a disk for
example ?

Sincerely Yours
Peter Husemann