[Mailman-Users] mhonarc recipe?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sat Dec 2 05:06:04 CET 2000

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000 19:44:09 -0600 (CST)
Jerry Adlersfluegel <jerrya at jerrya.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have a working mhonarc installation they could share?
> I am interested in how to set Mailman to archive with it,
> including private archives and decoded MIME attachments. Also if
> the archive format were similar to the builtin archive style, that
> would be nice.

My archiving style is very disimilar to the default Mailman's, and I
invoke it by subscribing a special archiver account to the mailing
list in question (for assorted reasons I explicitly don't want it
invoked directly by Mailman).  You can find all the relevant config
files here (the new PHP based things)

  ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/Kanga.Nu/WebArchives/

Which end up looking like the pages under here:

  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/

The configs for my older style (no PHP, no reply feature, etc) can
be found here:

  ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/Kanga.Nu/WebArchives.old/

MHonArc handles MIME near automatically.  Example:

  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/Meta-L/2000Q2/msg00345.php

Wherein the original (HTML) message had the JPEGsd as attachments.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                        : http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/