[Mailman-Users] some suggestions for mailman 2

J C Lawrence claw at nuron.com
Wed Aug 30 20:23:39 CEST 2000

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:04:07 +1100
Anand Kumria <wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au> wrote:

> I've now been using Mailman (note no studly caps) for a while so,
> here are some comments:

> 	- I've placed my lists at /lists/ instead of /mailman/ so
> that required a patch to SecurityManager.py to send cookies with
> the right path

I do the same, as you can see here:

This has required no patching to any of the Mailman sources, other
than the normal Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py business.

(Yes, I know I'm running v1.1, but the same was true when testing
out moving to one of the v2 betas (I'm not ready to roll it into
production there))

> 	- I'd be *most useful* to have a another subscriber option
> which indicated that the subscriber wasn't really a person but
> was, in reality, a sublist. For those subscribers monthly notices
> (which should also be a per-subscriber thing IMO) and other
> administrativia would be sent to owner-<subscriber> (or
> <subscriber>-owner, or <subscriber>-admin).

This is what the umbrella options are for.

> 	- I'd love to be able to edit messages that get held for
> approval.  So that I can remove HTML from some email, reset the
> reply-to to somewhere more appropriate or simply trim things down
> and insert a "modified by whomever" message.

On v2 you can.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                                Work: claw at nuron.com
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/        Keys etc: finger claw at kanga.nu