[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.0 beta 5 / RedHat 6.1

Kevin of Thornbury kevin at maxson.com
Mon Aug 28 19:37:06 CEST 2000

Hello!

This weekend I upgraded my Mailman 1.0 to Mailman 2.0 beta 5 on my
RedHat 6.1 server.

What I've found so far is one mailing list is unreachable.  While I can
get to the admin pages of other mailing lists fine, this one won't
display.  Netscape just says, "Connect: Host X contacted.  Waiting for
reply" and hangs there.  Eventually I think it gives a "document
contains no data" error.  I've tried to rmlist -a <list> and then
newlist <list> but it doesn't solve my problem, I can't get to it.  I've
even created a "test" list since the upgrade, and it seems to work
fine.  (Of course, I still get internal server errors sometimes and
/var/log/messages tells me nothing.)

Also, I'm getting the following errors mailied to me, which make no
sense at all:

***

/usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/qrunner

Exception exceptions.AttributeError: '_Lggger__fp' in <method
Logger.__del__ of
StampedLogger instance at 80e6578> ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: '_Lggger__fp' in <method
_Syslog.__del__ of _Syslog
instance at 81461a0> ignored
Exception exceptions.AttributeError: '_Lggger__fp' in <method
Logger.__del__ of
StampedLogger instance at 811b0f8> ignored

***

/usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/qrunner

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 85, in ?
    from Mailman import MailList
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 46, in ?
    from Mailman.Bouncer import Bouncer
ValueError: bad marshal data

***

/usr/bin/python -S /home/mailman/cron/qrunner

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 85, in ?
    from Mailman import MailList
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 42, in ?
    from Mailman.HTMLFormatter import HTMLFormatter
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/HTMLFormatter.py", line 27, in ?
    from htmlformat import *
ValueError: bad marshal data

***

I have no idea what's going on, and I don't know Python.  Can anyone
offer help?
_____
|_|_|  Kevin Maxson     (Lord Kevin of Thornbury)
 \|/   kevin at maxson.com       http://www.sca.org